Propane powered generators can be life savors for those experiencing power outages. If you rely on electrical power to keep medical equipment running or want to ensure creature comforts when the electricity goes out, standby generators can be a useful tool. Below are a few reasons propane powered standby generators are the best option:
- A well-maintained propane generator supplies electricity in as little as 10 seconds after an outage.
- Propane doesn’t degrade over time, unlike diesel or gasoline, making it an ideal standby power fuel.
- Most propane units produce as little as 60 decibels of noise, comparable to normal conversation, which measures between 50 and 65 decibels. An unenclosed diesel generator can run in excess of 100 decibels (Source: environmentalpowersolutions.com).
- A propane generator produces significantly fewer greenhouse gas emissions than diesel or gasoline.
- Propane is an approved clean fuel listed in the 1990 Clean Air Act.
- Depending on how much fuel you have in storage, a propane generator can handle an entire home’s energy needs for days, unlike solar- or wind-powered systems.
- Back up generators come in a variety of sizes, allowing you to customize the electric load desired for you and your family. Whether you’d like to just keep a few lights on during an outage or power up your entire home – there is a generator size for you.
- Propane powered back up generators can be connected to your existing propane tank. This allows for seamless use and can significantly decrease the cost of installation.
There are incentives and rebates currently being offered in California for those interested in purchasing propane powered standby generators. Contact us for more information.